Old Courthouse Museum/ Pettigrew Home & Museum
Old Courthouse Musuem at 200 W. 6th St.
Pettigrew Home at 131 N. Duluth Ave.
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Old Courthouse Museum
Located at 200 West 6th Street, Sioux Falls
- Restored 1890's Richardsonian Romanesque building constructed of native pink quartzite
- National Historic Landmark
- 1893 clock tower
- Restored circuit courtroom and law library
- 16 wall murals painted from 1915 to 1917
- Permanent and changing exhibits focus on the natural and cultural histories of the Siouxland region
- Lectures, workshops, astronomy programs, walking tours, children's programs and traditional music concerts year-round
Pettigrew Home & Museum
Located at 131 North Duluth Avenue, Sioux Falls
- 1889 Queen Anne home
- Richard F. Pettigrew, South Dakota's first full-term U.S. senator, purchased this home in 1911
- Tour the restored home and attached museum, with
- Galleriesthat detail the area's natural and cultural histories
Both museums: Free admission and free parking. Open daily. Wheelchair accessible.
February 23, Old Courthouse Museum, Sioux Falls