Wessington Springs Area Development
Wessington Springs was officially settled in 1882, however the hills were an area where trappers and Native Americans gathered to trade for many years prior.
Evidence of Wessington Springs’ rich history and culture is visible throughout the area.
- Shakespeare Garden & Anne Hathaway Cottage
- Jerauld County Heritage Museum & Carnegie Library
- Historic 1905 Opera House
- Several sites on the National Register of Historic Buildings
- Foothills Rodeo - May
- Classic Car & Antique Tractor Show - August
- "Music in the Garden" Thurs evenings - June - August
Things to do:
- World-class pheasant hunting
- Public Swimming Pool
- 9-hole Golf Course
- Old Grade Nature and History Trail
Variety of dining and lodging options